Required fields are marked with asterisks (*)

Closing a Tenant Water/Sewer Account Form

(To be completed by the registered property owner)



  1. A final bill will be issued to the tenant and sent to the address provided below. If a forwarding address is not provided or the final bill is not paid, any outstanding balance will be transferred to the property owner’s tax account

  2. Should the Property Owner wish to have the account transferred into a new tenant's name, the Property Owner must notify the Town of a new tenant by completing the OPENING A TENANT ACCOUNT form.

  3. Please note that the account will revert to the Property Owner’s name in the event that a new tenant is not going to occupy the property the same day the current tenant moves out. Please note, that there is a fee associated with changing the account name. view the financial fees and charges.


Tenants forwarding address: (the final water/sewer bill will be sent to this address)

Property owner information:

I acknowledge and agree to the provisions set out in this Closing a Tenant Water/Sewer Account Form.

Please note, if you are experiencing problems with the signature form or see a black box appear, please refresh the page and sign again in the signature box. 

Personal information on this form will be used for the purpose of processing the information submitted, in accordance with the Municipal Act, 2001. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Clerk, Town of East Gwillimbury, 19000 Leslie Street, Sharon, ON L0G 1V0; Telephone (905) 478-4282; Fax (905) 478-2808.